#9- Tips for the waiting period


1.I have found that SP-S is definitely NOT usually impressionable as long as the hair does not get wet. I've worn my hair up in clips the entire waiting period, without a problem. HOWEVER, this will not apply to everyone, and you run the risk of impressions if you do this. 

2.At night, I resort to using a large silky scarf, Beyonce style. I comb the hair down smooth and tie the scarf over the top. I find that if I use a cotton scarf, that helps wick some oil off the scalp. This keeps the hair smoother during sleep and it keeps it out of my face.

3.I also use blotting papers for wicking oil off the scalp and hairline. Since the hair is coated, the natural oil is not absorbed at all into the hair like it normally would be. Instead, it slides down the hairshaft.

4.As many times during the day as possible, I warm up my hair with the blowdryer and brush through it, detangling it and transferring some of the oil down the hair. This also helps to removed hair that has shedded out, but is still stuck in the hair.

5. I have not found any solution for the "sprouts". Even after wearing a scarf for hours, the sprouts come back. After the first couple of shampoos, they are sometimes still there! People usually think that these are evidence of breakage. They 99% of the time, are not. The reason "sprouts" happen is because SP-S gives a nice strong coating to all the hairs on the head. Every time a hair sheds, one starts growing. There are little hairs, of all lengths, constantly growing out. The SP-S coating keeps the shorter hairs standing up because they are simply too lightweight to tip over. Once the hairs reach @ 2-3 inches long, they are usually heavy enough to tip over. So, all the hairs from 0-@2 inches are the only ones standing up. Not a problem at all.